Teams are made up of individuals...a group of friends, family members or co-workers, working together to raise the highest level of donations. An Individual's Fundraising Goal is $200; a Teams Goal should be a minimum of $200 per team member, but you can set the goal much higher!!!
Participating is a great reason for family and friends to get together. You can motivate each other by competing to see who can raise the most money. Challenge yourself to become the Top fundraising Team and win the Team Fundraising Grand Prize!!
To start a team, simply start spreading the word!! Let everyone you know about the team and how they can get involved. To make sure that your teammates end up on your team, have them not the team name on their registration form.
You must register your Team with us prior to the walk to be eligible for Team Prizes.
Once registered as a team, your final number of team members – as calculated including day of registrants – will determine your team size:
- Small Team: 4 - 10 members
- Large Team: 10+ members
Prizes for top fundraising teams will be awarded in each size level for 2013 Teams.
- There are prizes for the following categories:
- Top individual fundraiser – non team member
- Top small team – 4 to 10 members
- Top large team – 11 or more members
- Most Spirited – could be anyone!!!
Here are a few simple ways to maximize your team's contributions.
- Check to see if your company has a matching gift program and take advantage of doubling your money.
- Create healthy competition among team members - award incentives to your top fundraisers
- Ask partners, vendors, industry associates, and neighbors to contribute a flat donation to the team
- Setup online Fundraising Pages for your Team members
For more information on Fundraising, visit our Fundraising Information Page.